I’m incredibly fortunate to have my mom instill in me the love for travel and exploration at a very young age. I first obtained my passport when I was seven years old, and I can still remember my first experience riding an airplane was a 14-hour flight from Manila to Los Angeles. I’ve been traveling every year since, having explored nearly 31 states and 7 countries… and counting! It’s an insatiable and lifelong lust for travel that I’m happily and helplessly infected with. My passport will only retire once I take my last breath. Listed below are my top 10 travel essentials.
Exactly a week from now, I’ll be embarking on yet another epic summer road trip with my truly adventurous family. I’m a planner by nature, so I like to pack at least one week in advance in order to make sure that I really have everything I need. Here are a few of my travel essentials:
1) Comfortable shoes – Whether traveling by air, car, train, boat, or any other form of transportation, comfortable shoes are a must. I like to stick to my white Chuck Taylor Converse. You can never go wrong with a classic.
2) Statement necklaces – They have the power to elevate any outfit instantly. Need I say more?
3) Fujifilm Instax Mini Polaroid camera and lots and lots and lots of film – Because what better way to capture memories than with a good ol’ Polaroid camera? I like using the Instax mini because there are only four settings to choose from (super bright/sunny, sunny, cloudy/overcast, indoors). The camera automatically determines the appropriate amount of brightness for taking a picture. It’s very easy to use, and the picture quality is considerably high. Before any trip, I like to load up on film from Amazon. I’ve discovered that it’s considerably cheaper than buying from an actual camera store.
4) LUSH Ultrabland Facial Cleanser – It’s no wonder this is the Lush founder’s No. 1 Desert Island Product. I have yet to encounter a better facial cleanser than Ultrabland. I use this product every night before bed because it is absolutely incredible at removing dirt and make-up! After massaging Ultrabland thoroughly all over my face, I wipe it off with make-up remover wipes, and it’s instant satisfaction since I see all of the dirt that’s been removed from my face on the wipes. With my skin now ultra soft and clean, I follow up by spraying my face with LUSH’s Eau Roma Water Toner.
5) Frank Coffee Scrub – Genetically, I’ve been blessed with clear skin. However, I also know that I’m not getting any younger, so I still want to take care of it even when traveling. I’ve used other body scrubs before but right now, Frank Coffee Scrub is on the top of my list. Not only does it smell like coffee, but it leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and moisturized afterwards. Another perk is that it’s not a liquid body scrub, therefore no need to worry about TSA liquid carry-on rules at the airport!
6) A Travel Backpack – It’s a comfortable yet stylish way to carry all of my necessities. The backpack pictured above is from Francesca’s.