It’s June tomorrow (!!!), and last night I found myself reflecting on how 2015 has been so far. This year has been mostly clear skies and smooth sailing for me, and I’m making a conscious effort of to constantly practice gratitude for how great my life is. Below is a short compilation of things that make me happy and give me heart boners:
- Devouring a perfectly ripe avocado. Translation: finding the sweet spot between “Don’t eat yet!” and “Too late!”
- Landing a parking meter that still has considerable amount of time left before it expires.
- Listening to “Stay a Little Longer” by Brothers Osborne on mad repeat.
- Genuine smiles and big hugs.
- Discovering new and delicious brunch eateries near my neighborhood.
- Handwritten notes and cards, for any or even no occasion at all.
- When my FitBit vibrates and congratulates me for logging in 10,000 steps for the day.
- Finding cash still intact in my jeans pockets after it’s been laundered.
- Successfully parallel parking on the first attempt.
- Receiving as unlimited wet kisses from my dogs no matter how long I’ve been separated from them.
- Unexpected compliments. Compliments beyond looks.
- Guys who consistently open doors (especially car doors) for me and not just on the first date.
- Clicking the “Confirm Order” button on Expedia when booking a flight.
- Kind and sweet text messages that add value to my day and expect no reply in return.
- Shopping for succulents and fresh flowers.
- Being assigned the first row of a roller coaster ride.
What are some of your heart boners?